Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Stuffed Chicken breast that works!!!!!


If you have ever tried to grill one of these DAMN chicken breast, you know how frustrating it can be to grill or cook because the stuffing always has cheese, herbs or something that makes them sound amazing and that is how people get tricked in to buying the stuffed chicken. I was a repeat offender on this and gave up on them thinking there was no possible way to cook them without losing all of the filling.
When we bought a magazine titled Cooking Light 65 top-rated recipes I had no idea that a old habit would be staring me in the face... Almond Stuffed chicken, with a creamy garlic herb cheese called "Boursin" and toasted almonds.
OK- so I love all of that and have a picture that shows it cooked and it looks great. I ask Amy if she thinks she would like it and she gives me the go ahead to make the chicken. Go figure... it worked... I cooked it in a cast iron skillet on med heat and 5 min on each side and they turned out well. All stuffing stayed in and was hot in the center. The only thing we think could make the recipe better is if we would have bought the non light "Boursin" cheese. But then again...that wouldn't be cooking light. All in all it was very good

P.S.
Amy thinks we Blog too much about food...but I say there is no such thing. You can find this recipe at
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1880000

No comments:

Post a Comment