Monday, March 9, 2009

Books?

So, I think something is wrong... it might be the Oregon weather or maybe my age (24), but something strange is happening and I have no explanation for it. I first started a change when I started to like wine. I know that is not that hard to believe, but other "changes" were going on here... I like vegetables? What is that? Iam the kid who threw them behind the couch and would start crying if forced to eat them...and now I am going back for seconds, we are not talking about the weak stuff- I am eating it all including broccoli, the most hated of all. My mom would melt cheese on it to try toget me to eat this stuff only to find that I just sucked the cheese off and left the Green stuff behind. Now I love steamed and raw vegetables... Of course I still like a little Ranch on the raw and some salt and pepper when it is steamed, but I like having vegetables with every meal.

That's not the only change I have picked up. In the last year or so, I have started to read. Just add this to the list of things I thought I would never do. I would not read a book. I got through school on foot notes and relied on other people's help. If i was forced to read a text book, it was a painful drawn out thing and I would just skim the pages until I answered the question asked and move on to find the next answer. However, in my old age i am reading for fun. Yes... I just said something I would have made fun of myself for saying just 2 years ago. Now I have read 5 books in less then 2 years. I know that is not a lot to some, but all of the books I have read have been suggested because I have no idea how to go to a book store and pick out a book. The one book I did pick out for myself was Marley and Me. I enjoyed reading that book, because of my dog. The other books I enjoyed for various reasons. Maybe the suspence of what is going to happen, I guess. Its the same with this last book. I don't know why, but it took me some time to pick it up and start reading it. I am glad I did because it was really good. The book is called THE HUNGER GAMES. If you have not read the book I would suggest it to anyone and it looks like it is part of a series including another book titled Catching Fire. I think that will be the next book I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment